There’s something about Guatemala! Its traditions, delicious food, and majestic volcanos make tourists want to come back here again and again! If you’re planning your trip there, then you better hop on!
In this post, you’ll find the best hotels in Antigua, Guatemala! I’ve looked on the web for hours, with the sole mission of finding the most incredible places to stay, which I then ordered from most to least expensive.
Antigua may be a small town, but it has so much heritage and some unique hotels housed in colonial houses! That’s why I decided to make a bonus section with the top boutique hotels in town. I just couldn’t keep them all to myself, I had to share them!
Since we’re on the sharing bit, I do want to say that Antigua is a UNESCO World Heritage site, and lots of tourists come here. That’s why I recommend booking your hotels in advance!
Let’s not waste any more time and start!
If you are in a hurry
I know everyone’s busy these days! So if you need a quick summary of the post, then check out the list below. It has the best hotels in Antigua, Guatemala:
Luxury (US$160 and up)
- El Convento Boutique Hotel – Blending modernism with Guatemala’s authentic style, this gorgeous boutique hotel has a convenient location near the town’s center! Featuring some incredible rooms with wooden-beam ceilings and fireplaces that open to a terrace, this hotel really has it all! Start your morning with a yummy breakfast, and then head to the outdoor lap pool for a swim!
- Hotel Genessis – You’ll fall in love with this stylish hotel that has a gorgeous garden, rooms with antique furniture, and a restaurant. Set within walking distance of the Santa Catalina Arch and La Merced Church, the hotel is perfect for your holiday! Make sure you book your hotel in advance since Antigua is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, accommodations tend to sell out super fast!
- Hotel Museo Spa Casa Santo Domingo – Get ready to be stunned by this unique boutique hotel that offers panoramic city views and mountain views! All the rooms are so spacious, bright, and decorated with antique furniture! Enjoy a strong cup of Guatemala coffee on the balcony, and then head to their spa center for a relaxing massage and facial that will make you feel like a brand-new person!
- Porta Hotel Antigua – Catch a scenic sunset by the outdoor pool of this hotel that features breathtaking mountain views! Their rooms come with beamed ceilings, fireplaces, and views of the garden that will make you feel as if you’re in paradise! For a peak into their traditions, try the famous steam bath temazcal and all the yummy traditional dishes at the restaurant!
- Hotel La Catedral – Set within walking distance of the Santa Catalina Arch and La Merced Church, this hotel which is housed in a Spanish colonial house, will make you feel right at home! Offering a free breakfast in the morning, the accommodation features a garden where you can enjoy your afternoons and some spa facilities like massages!
- Hotel Palacio de Doña Beatriz – If you like colonial architecture, this hotel is definitely for you! It has the most beautifully-decorated rooms with antique furniture, an arched terrace that leads into a garden and to the outdoor pool, and they also offer a free breakfast! I love how rich the colors are and the incredible terracotta floors. It all creates such a nice ambiance!
Mid-Range (from US$70 to US$90)
- Hotel Aurora – Set 1h away by car from Guatemala City Airport, this private mansion was restored, but they managed to keep its colonial charm! Some parts of the hotel feature antique furniture, and the rooms come with traditional tiled floors. All guests get a free breakfast and access to the garden.
- Hotel Posada de la Luna – This hotel has a more modern touch! Set right in the town center, the accommodation offers rooms with a small seating area, free Wi-Fi, and a flat-screen TV. Start your morning with a delicious free breakfast, and then head out to explore the town! If you’re thinking of renting a car, know that you’ll have a free parking space!
- Posada San Sebastian – Feel as if you’ve landed on a movie set in this incredible boutique hotel that has one of the most interesting designs I’ve seen, antique furniture, and that overlooks the beautiful Guatemalan mountains! I love how the whole property is filled with colorful flowers, and there’s even a coffee shop on-site!
- Hotel Luna Maya Antigua – There’s nothing better than starting each day with a high dose of natural vitamin D in the morning! Add a gorgeous location with a view of the Guatemala Mountains, and you’re done! That’s exactly what this hotel offers, plus some spacious rooms with all the necessary facilities, a garden, and a terrace.
- Hotel Las Farolas – I’d probably spend all my afternoons in this lush garden filled with native plants reading and even doing some work! This hotel offers such a cool location near the town center, a restaurant that serves gourmet cuisine specific to Guatemala, free parking spaces, and room service!
- Hotel y Arte Antigua – If you love art and paintings, then this hotel is definitely for you! All their rooms have the most incredible artworks, which are super colorful, and are well-equipped with a flat-screen TV, a wardrobe, and a private bathroom. The accommodation also offers breakfast and an airport shuttle.
Budget (up to US$65)
- Nico Hotel – Looking for something a bit more affordable but just as nice as the hotels above? Then check out this great place that is a bit more modern. The hotel offers a simple but chic design, rooms with a flat-screen TV, a patio, and garden views. All the guests will enjoy a free yummy breakfast during their holiday and also have access to free parking!
- Maya Papaya – This hostel looks amazing! Not only does it have these great, spacious rooms with lovely decor, free Wi-Fi, and a private bathroom, but it also offers a shared kitchen and a free breakfast! When you’re not taking the town by storm, you can enjoy a drink at their bar and chill on the terrace.
- Hotel la Galería – Housed in a unique building that has an arched terrace, beamed ceilings, and a terrace, this lovely hotel offers spacious rooms with a private bathroom and a flat-screen TV. When you arrive, get rid of jetlag by booking a full-body massage at the hotel and nourishing your body with some yummy food at breakfast.
- Maison Bougainvillea – Can you believe the view? Imagine waking up to it every day! They even have a garden where you can enjoy your drinks or relax. The hostel features some comfy rooms with a seating area and a coffee maker. Breakfast will be included in the price, and you can also use the barbecue facilities!
- Casa Ela – Set right near Santa Catalina Arch and Cerro de la Cruz, this bed and breakfast is affordable and has everything you need for your holiday! Plus some amazing things like a rooftop terrace where you can catch scenic sunsets and rooms with a small kitchenette.
- Francisco’s Rest House Hotel – Feel at home in this cozy hotel that has spacious rooms with a patio, a flat-screen TV, and free Wi-Fi. The accommodation offers a tour desk and luggage storage space for its guests. You can also get an airport shuttle from here and breakfast for a small charge.
Check the Rates for Your Dates
BONUS: Best boutique hotels in Antigua
As you’ve probably seen, Antigua is packed with gorgeous architectural wonders! From stunning colonial houses to unique villas, this town is an absolute paradise for those of you who love old houses!
Since many of the hotels are set in these places, I thought I’d make a bonus section with some of the best ones! I’ve already ordered them from most to least expensive, and the prices start from US$80 to US$240:
- Casa Encantada by Porta Hotels – Enjoy the Guatemala sun by the outdoor pool of this boutique hotel that offers a great location near the town’s Cathedral and Central Park, individually-decorated rooms with timeless furnishings, and a lush garden.
- Hotel Boutique Los Pasos & Spa – Catch a scenic sunset on the rooftop terrace of this boutique hotel, where guests will have access to free private parking, spa services, and walking tours, during which you can mingle with the local community!
- Cissus Hotel Boutique – I love how colorful and how amazing the rooms at this boutique hotel in Antigua, Guatemala are! Wake up to a gorgeous view of the garden and then head to enjoy a yummy breakfast at the accommodation.
- Cacao Boutique Hotel – If you’d prefer a boutique hotel that’s more modern but still has some Guatemalan influences, then check out this one! The all-white rooms look amazing, and all the other decorations that they used are just fabulous! Enjoy your mornings in the garden, and then explore Central Park!
- Earth Lodge Antigua – Perfect for nature lovers, this place is set a bit further away from the town center. It’s such a beautiful oasis where you can unplug, spend time exploring Antigua’s hills and relax at the spa center. If you’re looking to explore more parts filled with highlands and forests, then check out our post on San Cristobal de las Casas, a gorgeous town in Southern Mexico.
- Good Hotel Antigua – Can’t say no to a hotel that features such cool, minimalistic designs! With a modern twist, this boutique hotel offers guests rooms with a garden view, a patio, and a restaurant.
FAQs about hotels in Antigua, Guatemala
???? Is Antigua, Guatemala worth it?
Yes! Antigua is a UNESCO World Heritage site that offers incredible attractions! It’s a great place to immerse yourself in the country’s culture, eat yummy food, and admire the gorgeous scenery.
???????? Which is the best area to stay in Antigua?
The town center area is probably the best place where to stay in Antigua. Most of the attractions are there, and also some of the best hotels like El Convento.
???? How many days should you stay in Antigua, Guatemala?
I recommend spending between 3 to 5 days in Antigua, Guatemala. That way, you’ll have plenty of time to soak up all the culture and do lots of fun things.
???? Which are the best hotels in Antigua, Guatemala?
What a gorgeous country! I just love how colorful everything is and their culture, it puts one in such a good mood!
I do hope that this post helped you find the best hotels in Antigua, Guatemala! I’ve made sure to add plenty of options, plus a bonus with some incredible boutique hotels that I’m sure you’ll love!
But be cautious and don’t wait for too long before booking your favorite hotel in Antigua, Guatemala. The town is small, and it gets many tourists, so the best luxury hotels and even budget ones will surely sell out fast!
We’re getting ready to wrap up for today, but I don’t want to leave everyone who still hasn’t found a hotel hanging! So if you need a bit of help, here are my top 2 favorite hotels in Antigua:
- Hotel Palacio de Doña Beatriz – One of the best luxury hotels in town that has a gorgeous garden, stunning decor, and an outdoor pool.
- Hotel Aurora – This lovely hotel offers rooms decorated with antique furniture, a restaurant, and a terrace.
Such amazing places!
Have a wonderful holiday, everyone. Make new friends in the local community and eat yummy food!
If you’ve got any other questions on Antigua, I’m happy to help with the answers! Just drop me a comment below, and I’ll come back as soon as I can!
Pin it for later!
Pin it for later!